Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said it was "wonderful news" none of the new cases linked to cases Brisbane's Indooroopilly cluster had been out in the community while infectious.
But Chief Health Officer Jeanette Young said any Queensland residents who visited the four locked down New South Wales local government areas on or after July 31 were "now bound" by stay-at-home lockdown requirements.
"It's really important, because he was infectious in the community from the 31st of July," Dr Young said.
Following the new lockdown in Byron Bay, Queensland Police have said they will ramp up their presence on the New South Wales border to ensure residents are not visiting Byron Shire, Lismore, Ballina Shire and Richmond.
"We don't want to see Queenslanders going down there," Ms Palaszczuk said.
"There will be an increase in presence on the border to ensure people are complying with the directions."
Queensland officials confirmed the man in his 50s – who travelled from locked down Sydney to Byron Bay, triggering a seven-day lockdown – did not across the border into Queensland, but drove straight from Sydney to Byron on July 31.
More than 20,000 Queenslanders were tested in the last day, including 4200 in Cairns, which is currently in day two of a snap lockdown.
Ms Palaszczuk said the lockdown in Queensland's south-east seemed to have worked, but the state "was not of out the woods yet".
She urged people to get vaccinated, and revealed 50,000 people had registered for the mass vaccination centre which will open tomorrow and administer Pfizer jabs for 16-59 year olds.
Today's three new cases are linked to schools in Brisbane.
One case is a student at Brisbane boys Grammar School who tested positive on day eight of quarantine; the second is a student at Ironside State School who tested positive on day seven and the third is a household contact of two known cases from Brisbane Grammar School.
Palaszczuk defends lockdown decision
Ms Palaszczuk was questioned today about whether public polling and focus group information was helping to guide her decisions over lockdowns and containing the virus.
The premier argued that sentiment testing and market research is being conducted by other states, and that there is nothing wrong with that.
She said her decisions are not based on public popularity, but the best health advice.
"Everyone was yelling at me to open the borders," she said, referring to "standing her ground" when it comes to making big health decisions.
"Don't talk to me about popularity."
Ms Palaszczuk would not reveal what parts of the polling reports, she had seen.
"I've seen some of it, not all it."
When pressed further, she said: "I'm not going into all of that today. That's ridiculous."
Ms Palaszczuk's claims that her government's focus group market research is "about advertising" has been backed up by her Chief Health Officer, Dr Young.
Dr Young said data from the focus groups simply helped "guide some of the messaging" around how to best give information to Queenslanders about the virus, in television and radio ads.
This issue dominated this morning's briefing.
Important to note that there were no cases in Cairns.
Cairns lockdown enters second day
The snap three-day lockdown in Cairns has moved into its second day.
Yesterday Queensland reported just four new cases, but case numbers over the next few days will help establish if there has been widespread transmission of the virus in the popular tourist destination.
Over 300 close contacts have been linked to the taxi driver, and more than 1110 people are in quarantine.
The Cairns taxi driver caught the virus from a reef pilot who was tested positive on August 4.
The pilot travelled in the taxi on his way to the airport on July 26.
The lockdown in the Cairns and Yarrabah Local Government Areas is scheduled until 4pm Wednesday, but could be extended.
New funding announced for tourism and hospitality sector
Queensland Treasurer Cameron Dick has announced an additional $70 million for businesses struggling with lockdowns.
Tourism and hospitality businesses in particular are the focus of the package, Mr Dick said.
"This is about our government flexing and responding to what COVID is doing to businesses and our economy."
Mr Dick said the government was waving, refunding or deferring a range of fees and charges across for eligible tourism hospitality businesses.
The government has set aside a $20 million COVID cleaning rebate, if businesses are affected by being listed as an exposure site.
Director of Cairns Adventure Group Roderic Rees said the last 24 hours have been tough, claiming local businesses and workers have been "'left out in the breeze" with no financial support.
"We have been riding this horror of a merry-go-round for 18 months and the region has been decimated time and time again," Mr Rees said.
"We had a lot of optimism going into the June to July school holiday period. A lot of people put some capital investment in, training investment and infrastructure as well, we got ready, started to see a little bit of green shoots and plenty of people coming.
"We felt optimistic and then shutdown again."