Lockdown announcement for Dubbo expected today

Dubbo is expected to enter lockdown today after a COVID-19 case was recorded in the regional hub.

The Central West city will enter lockdown from 1pm today, 2GB has reported.

New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian is set to address the media at 11am, where the looming lockdown will likely be announced.

LIVE UPDATES: Four new Queensland cases, Cairns lockdown ends

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FDugaldSaundersMP%2Fposts%2F209057067901901&show_text=true&width=500

Dubbo will join other regional centres Tamworth and Armidale in lockdown.

Long queues for testing were earlier seen at Dubbo showground, with residents urged to get checked for the virus following the case confirmation.

Students and staff at Dubbo West Public School and Macquarie Anglican Grammar School have been asked to self-isolate after the case was linked to them.

Dubbo MP Dugald Saunders said the infectious person was isolating after becoming symptomatic on Monday and getting tested on Tuesday.

READ MORE: NSW COVID-19 case numbers, exposures sites and latest restrictions

"It isn't yet known how transmission occurred," he posted to Facebook late on Tuesday.

"Fragments of COVID-19 have been detected in Dubbo sewage samples taken on August 3 and August 5.

"While Dubbo residents are urged to limit their movements in the community at this time, widespread Covid-19 testing is critical."

The Nationals MP said nine close contacts had been identified and had either been tested or would soon be.

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *