Australia's $5billion cruise industry will soon reach two years of inactivity after firms started cancelling more sailings into 2021.
P&O has now declared sailings off until at least April next year in response to the extension of a ban on ships in Aussie waters.
Other firms including Royal Caribbean, Princess, Cunard, Carnival had previouslycancelled sailings up to March 2022.
Health Minister Greg Hunt extended the cruise ban until February 17 2022 last week, despite earlier saying he wanted cruises back on by Christmas this year.
The industry supports 18,000 Aussie jobs.
Travel agents, food suppliers, maritime firms and on-shore tour and tourism firms also suffer a knock-on effect.
President of P&O Cruises Australia Sture Myrmell called the ongoing shutdown "discouraging".
"As we approach the two-year mark in our rolling pause in operations, it is understandable that our guests will be very disappointed and frustrated that there is still no agreed restart plan for cruising in Australia," Mr Myrmell said.
"Federal and state governments are yet to outline their requirements for restart despite the nation's high vaccination rate, the cruise industry's comprehensive health protocols, vaccination policies for guests and crew and the successful resumption of cruising in other international markets."
Cruises are sailing around the world with vaccination and testing rules in place.
But Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) Managing Director Australasia, Joel Katz said there's "no end in sight" for the industry here.
"The cost to Australian businesses and workers will go beyond $10 billion in the next few months, yet our governments are showing no sense of urgency to create a solution," he said.
"Almost 5 million people have successfully sailed in countries where cruising has already resumed, with strict and effective health protocols in place.
"More than 80 other countries have resumed cruising, but in Australia our governments have still not agreed on measures that will allow a similar resumption here.
"Cruise lines have done an enormous amount of work in response to the pandemic and the health measures we've introduced around the world are the most comprehensive to be found anywhere in tourism."
NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet is keen to get ships back in Sydney, saying it makes "no sense" somebody can now travel overseas to cruise but can't get aboard a ship in Australia.
Sydney is the country's busiest cruise port and sees 115,000 passengers set sail a year.
But Circular Quay has remained silent since the end of March 2020, when an initial 30-day cruise ship ban was announced.