A pet turtle has been rescued after it fell off a balcony on the NSW Central Coast.
Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) crews were called to Coral Street at The Entrance just before 12.30pm today.
A young boy was desperate to retrieve his pet turtle which had fallen to a balcony below in the apartment block.
"The turtle had remained trapped there for two days as the occupants were not contactable," FRNSW said.
Firefighters used a ladder to access the first-floor unit and retrieve the "shell-shocked turtle".
The turtle was not injured in the fall.
Fire crews returned the turtle to its very grateful owner.